Kimball Physics is a key supplier of electron gun (beam) systems designed for use in a wide variety of ultra high vacuum (UHV) surface physics, space physics, and processing applications. Guns can be focusable for small spot size, for use in applications such as x-ray production, welding and RHEED; or for flood beams, for use in charge neutralization, electron beam scrubbing, space simulation and radiation damage studies.
Range of Operation
- Energy Ranges: 1 eV to 100 keV
- Beam Current Ranges: 1 nA to 20 mA
- Spot Size Ranges: 15 μm (focused column) to 500+ mm (flood beams)
- Beam Current Stability: feedback-stabilized emission current control; better than ± 0.1% per hour
- Energy Stability: ± 0.01% per hour, ± 0.02% per 8 hours at full output to minimize chromatic aberration
- Customer-replaceable firing units
- Mechanical alignment during full operation
- Storable control settings
- Computer remote control / metering
- Fast pulsing / Beam blanking
- Deflection / Rastering
- Gun-mounted Faraday cups
To LEARN MORE about our complete line of Electron Gun and Power Supply Systems, please refer to our Electron Gun and Power Supply Systems Summary Document (PDF). A short summary video is also available on our Kimball Physics YouTube Channel ( Electron Gun Overview 2023). A basic tutorial covering Electron Gun (Beam) Systems is available in our Learning Center.