Kimball Physics designs and manufactures a broad range of high performance electron emitters to meet the diverse needs of our customers. Designed for high brightness, long life, or rugged reliability, these emitters are used in Kimball Physics electron guns and the high performance instruments and tools of our customers. Cathodes/emitters are available as both standard products and custom designs, and applications include electron microscopy, lithography, x-ray generation, free electron lasers, electron accelerators, and more.
- Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6) High brightness single-crystal
- Disc Cathodes
- High tolerance ceramic with Kovar or molybdenum pins
- Standard ceramic AEI base
- Compact Kimball Physics CB-104 base
- Various microscope bases
- Cathodes may also be mounted on customer-supplied bases
For North American customers purchasing single cathodes for specific microscopes please contact Ted Pella.
To LEARN MORE about our complete product line of cathodes / electron emitters, please refer to our Kimball Physics Cathode Summary document (PDF). A basic tutorial covering Cathodes/Electron Emitters is available in our Learning Center.