Kimball Physics ion gun systems, or ion sources, are used for surface physics, space physics, vacuum physics, charge neutralization, detection calibration, secondary ion mass spectrometry and ion injection for MBE.
Range of Operation
- Energy Ranges: 10eV to 20 keV
- Beam Current Ranges: 1 nA to 2 μA
- Spot Size Ranges: 500 μm to 25 mm
- Flexible Controllers: Independent fiber optic control and metering of functions such as ion energy, source, electron energy, field control, extract, focus, X – Y deflection and electron current control.
- Choice of Alkali metal ion sources allow for different ion species.
- Beam Current Stability: ±1.0% per hour with Emission Current Control or ±10% per hour after warm up without ECC for alkali metal sources.
- Energy Stability: ± 0.01% per hour, ± 0.02% per 8 hours at full output.
- Fast capacitive beam or dual grid pulsing
- Deflection / Rastering
- Gun-mounted Faraday cups