Kimball Physics manufactures a range of high performance electron emitters to suit customers’ needs. Designed for high brightness, long life, or rugged reliability, these emitters are used in Kimball Physics electron guns and high performance customer instruments and tools. Cathodes/emitters are available as both standard products and custom designs, and applications include microscopy, lithography, x-ray generation, free electron lasers, electron accelerators, and more.
- Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6) high brightness single-crystal
- Tantalum (Ta) standard refractory disc
- Barium Oxide (BaO) coated disc for low temperature operation
- Yttria (Y2O3) coated iridium disc tolerates poor vacuum
- High tolerance ceramic with kovar or molybdenum pins
- Standard ceramic AEI base
- Compact Kimball Physics CB-104 base
- Various microscope bases
- Cathodes may also be mounted on customer-supplied bases
For North American customers purchasing single cathodes for specific microscopes please contact Ted Pella.
To LEARN MORE about our complete product line of cathodes / electron emitters, please refer to our Kimball Physics Cathode Summary document (PDF).