Kimball Physics is a key supplier of electron guns designed for use in a wide variety of ultra high vacuum (UHV) surface physics, space physics, and processing applications. Guns can be focusable for small spot size, for use in applications such as x-ray production, welding and RHEED; or for flood beams, for use in charge neutralization, electron beam scrubbing, space simulation and radiation damage studies.
Range of Operation
- Energy Ranges:1 eV to 100 keV
- Beam Current Ranges:1 nA to 20 mA
- Spot Size Ranges: 15 μm (focused column) to 500+ mm (flood beams)
- Beam Current Stability: feedback-stabilized emission current control; better than ± 0.1% per hour
- Energy Stability: ± 0.01% per hour, ± 0.02% per 8 hours at full output to minimize chromatic aberration.
- Breadth of cathodes: balancing brightness, energy spread, ruggedness, longevity and cost
- Flexible Controllers: Independent fiber optic control and metering of functions such as source, emission current, energy, lens, anode, grid and X - Y deflection.
- Customer-replaceable firing units
- Mechanical alignment during full operation
- Storable control settings
- Computer remote control / metering
- Fast pulsing / Beam blanking
- Deflection / Rastering
- Gun-mounted Faraday cups
To compare electron gun systems, see Comparison Charts.
To learn more, see Technical Information.