Disc cathode emitting into a Faraday cup
LaB6 cathodes packaged for shipment
Mounted LaB6 crystal with 50 μm flat (153x)
Kimball Physics emitters provide a reliable source of electrons or ions for use in a variety of instruments including microscopy, lithography, x-ray generation, free electron lasers, electron accelerators, and other custom applications. Other applications include Kimball Physics electron guns and ion guns.
- Lanthanum Hexaboride (LaB6) high brightness single-crystal
- Tantalum (Ta) disc
- Barium Oxide (BaO) coated disc
- Yttria (Y2O3) coated iridium disc
- Tungsten (W) filament
- High tolerance ceramic with kovar or molybdenum pins
- Standard ceramic AEI base
- Compact Kimball Physics CB-104 base
- Various microscope bases
- Cathodes may also be mounted on customer-suppplied bases
- Cesium (Cs+)
- Lithium (Li+)
- Sodium (Na+)
- Potassium (K+)
- Rubidium (Rb+)
Alkali Metal Ion Sources
To compare cathodes, see the Product Selection/Price Chart.
To view cathodes for specific SEM/TEM instruments and manufacturers, see Cathodes/Emitters for Microscopy.
To learn more, see Technical Information.